Traveling opens up your mind to the outer world. The more one travels, more experience one gains and wiser he becomes. However, all this is applicable when one has already traveled quite a bit. Traveling for the first time is definitely a jittery experience for the traveler. There are innumerable things that need to be considered for undertaking a trip and making it successful.
Mentioned below find some extremely useful travel tips for first time travelers so that the trip remains memorable and hassle-free:
• Keeping travel documents in place – Ensure that you have your passport in place with more than 6 months of validity in place. Arrange for a suitable visa or permit if needed. Book discount business class flights for traveling comfortably and saving money at the same time.
• Pack less – Clothes, shoes, cosmetics should be packed as less as possible. Baggage allowance is restricted. Why pay more money for carrying things you would probably not need? However, make sure to carry good amounts of undergarments as you might not always get a chance of washing them always. Carry band-aids, Imodium and Aspirin.
• Chargers and memory cards – Your electronic devices like mobile, iPad, the tab and even the camera will need charging. Bring respective chargers. Also carry extra memory cards for the camera as you might need it.
• Currency – If you are traveling in your own country, there is no need for currency change. But in case of an international trip, keep some exchanged currency handy.
During travel and transit
• Reach airport early – Airports might not be the best places to hangout, but it is good to be early than being late. Don’t panic during security checks – you are not carrying a bomb with you. Try and have a good meal before the flight as airport prices are exorbitant.
• Relax on the flight – With discount business class seat, relax on the flight. Get an earplug or an eye mask if you want to catch up on some sleep. To remain entertained bring an iPod, a novel, a pack of cards or anything that interests you.
• Setting time as per destination time zone – If the distance is a long one, chances of jet lag are high. Setting time as per destination time zone will help you in getting sleep at the right time so that you feel less jet lagged.
• Cooperate with border officials – This is important. Answer all asked questions truthfully. But do not go overboard with volunteering. Less is more in this regard.
On reaching the destination
• Be polite and courteous – On reaching the new destination, it is always good to be polite and courteous to people you meet. If language is a barrier, ask in signs. Most of the people will help you.
• Avail local transportation while traveling – Hiring a car will not give you the real sense of the place. To get the actual flavor, avail local transportation. With this, you can save money as well as experience the place from close quarters. You can also interact with the commoners via the journey.
• Keep money and valuables in a safe place – At the first place, it is recommended not to carry any kinds of valuables on the trip. However, you will carry some cash for sure. Keep it hidden in some safe place or even better carry it with you. Just don’t keep on checking that to draw public attention.
• Enjoy local foods, drinks and culture – Now that you are on a vacation, you will not get everything like home. Try various kinds of local foods and drinks. Try food stalls that sell authentic and fresh local food. Such foods are fresh and cheaper when compared to foods in big restaurants.